Iowa Tax Law Legislative Update
Many tax laws are changed annually by the Iowa legislature. Several of the changes made in the most recent legislative session will affect individual and corporation income taxpayers for the 2014 tax year, for which returns will be filed in 2015.
A number of changes to tax credits, affecting both individuals and businesses, were enacted during the 2014 legislative session. Other changes were made to Iowa sales and use tax. In addition, some legislative changes made in prior years will also impact 2014 tax returns.
The Department encourages those individuals and businesses who may be affected by legislative changes to find out more by using the following resources:
- Iowa Tax Law Legislative Update Webinar – 9/30/2014
- Income Tax Credit information updated through 2014 on the Department’s website at www.tax.iowa.gov/sites/files/idr/Taxcredits14.pdf
- Iowa Legislative Summaries on the Department’s website
- Sign up for e-mail updates through IDR eLists
- Follow IDR on Twitter
- Like Us on Facebook
- E-mail Taxpayer Services at [email protected]
- Call Taxpayer Services at 515-281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388
Content contributed by Greg Stokke, Iowa Department of Revenue