Create Your Space: Plants & ProductivitySophie Troxell
The average person will spend 90,000 hours at work over a lifetime. Author Annie Dillard famously claims, “How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.” Using your space as a tool to foster productivity and innovation can produce powerful results.
So, what can you do to enhance your workspace? Start by sprucing it up with some greenery.
“Simply enriching a previously spartan space with plants served to increase productivity by 15 percent—a figure that aligns closely with findings in previously conducted laboratory studies,” states lead researcher Marlon Nieuwenhuis from Cardiff University’s School of Psychology in a study for Science Daily.
Let’s talk plants: low-maintenance verdure from Iowa-based businesses
- Alocasia Ivory Coast: Art Terrarium – Des Moines, IA
- Tradescantia Zebrina: Harvey’s Greenhouse – Adel, IA
- Yucca Cane: Art Terrarium – Des Moines, IA
- Night Blooming Cactus: Art Terrarium – Des Moines, IA
- Shiny Shoes: Harvey’s Greenhouse – Adel, IA
- Cereus Peruvianus: Art Terrarium – Des Moines, IA