Female Entrepreneurs Selected for Invest in She Event – Des MoinesMegan Kopp
Iowa Women Lead Change (IWLC) has announced the six female entrepreneurs that will compete in the June 9 Invest in She competition held at Drake University’s Olmsted Center. Finalists include Iowa women-owned businesses ranging from the agricultural sector to wholesale recyclable products to home decor.
The 2016 Invest in She – Des Moines businesses and contestants include:
- Susan Brown | TreePans.com, Inc. | www.TreePans.com | Akron, Iowa
- Lyssa Wade | Veggie Thumper | http://www.veggiethumper.com/
- Heather Hassebroek | Bublins, LLC | http://bublinshome.com/
- Steph Jessen | Mo’ Goodness Foods
- Becky Herman | Iowa Cricket Farmer | http://www.iowacricketfarmer.com | Keystone, Iowa
- Allison Davidson – Motoyama | Dona Bela Shreds | http://www.donabelashreds.com/ | Des Moines, Iowa
The 2016 Invest in She – Des Moines investors will give a total of $40,000 in services to the businesses. These experienced investors identify the needs and opportunities of each business and decide, collectively, how to designate the funding.
Confirmed 2016 investors include:
- Becky Gibson, Vice President, Senior Relationship Manager at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A
- Brian Day, Director of Digital Payments Strategy for TMG
- Camille L. Urban, member of BrownWinick
- Jay Larsen, Regional Vice President for Nationwide’s Midwest Regional Office
- Lynn Schreder, past president of the National Association of Women Business Owners, Iowa chapter
- Melissa Ness, Chief Operating Officer for Aureon HR
Clear your calendar and plan on attending to support your favorite business. There will be food, drinks, fun and some very excited entrepreneurs!. Tickets are still available for $55 – get yours now at www.InvestinSheDM.com.
Iowa Women Lead Change is dedicated to the advancement, development and promotion of women and the organizations they serve, and to impacting Iowa’s economy.