Food On A Stick at the Iowa State Fairpatrickluensmann
By Patrick Luensmann, Center for Business Growth and Innovation
As the summer winds down the Iowa State Fair is kicking off. This year the fair runs from August 10th-20th. The best part of the fair is seeing what the wares the food entrepreneurs bring. A fan favorite is food on a stick. In the spirit of the fair this week lets review my top ten foods on a stick from past Iowa State fairs.
2. Griddle Stick (Turkey sausage wrapped in a pancake)
3. Chocolate Covered Cookies & Cream on a Stick
4. Cheddar Bacon Cheese On a Stick
5. Hot Lips (Breaded chicken breast smothered with hot sauce, served with blue cheese dressing)
6. Loaded Taters On a Stick
7. Apple Pie On a Stick
8. Rib Shack Cowboy
9. Deep-Fried Brownie On a Stick
10. Double Bacon Corn Dog
The creations never cease to amaze me. If you’re at the fair this week be sure to get your fill of food on a stick!