Mammography Facility Certification/Authorization Print This Page
Any facility wanting to provide mammography services in the State of Iowa.
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Code of Iowa 641, Chapter 41
- Who Applies
- Any facility wanting to provide mammography services in the State of Iowa.
- When To Apply
- When a mammography unit is being installed and before mammography patients exams are performed.
- Initial Requirements
- Dedicated mammography unit, room shielding plan, medical physicist medical equipment evaluation (MEE), application, accreditation, and Department of Public Health approval.
- One year
- Processing Time
- One to five days
- Fee Structure
- Annual authorization certification fee: $150
Annual fee per x-ray tube: $120
Annual inspection fee: $1575 for the first mammography unit and $375 for each additional unit
- Renewal Requirements
- Maintain accreditation, certification (includes annual inspection), and State of Iowa authorization.
- Does not pertain
- Additional Information
- Any certified mammography facility can also apply for Stereotactic Breast Biopsy authorization.