Construction Contractor Registration Print This Page
Construction contractors must register with the Iowa Division of Labor Services.
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- IC 91C; 875 IAC 150
- Who Applies
- Those in the business of construction in Iowa who earn $2,000 or more per year and do not work exclusively on their own property must register with the Labor Services Division. Contractors that perform plumbing and HVAC activities under the jurisdiction of the Iowa Department of Public Health's Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board become registered while also obtaining their license.
- When To Apply
- Apply at least 30 days prior to commencing work in Iowa.
- Initial Requirements
- Most contractors with a principal place of business outside of Iowa must provide a $25,000 surety bond in order to register.
- One year.
- Processing Time
- Fee Structure
- $50 per year.
- Renewal Requirements
- The application process for a renewal is quicker than for a new registration.
Contractors covered by the Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board must apply for their contractor registration through the board.
- Additional Information
- Visit our web site for detailed information and forms.