Transportation Network Company (TNC) Permit (Rideshare, e.g. Uber, Lyft) Print This Page
Annual permit for the operation of a Transportation Network Company (TNC) in Iowa. A TNC uses a digital network to connect riders with drivers who provide prearranged rides. A TNC shall not operate or conduct business in the state without a permit issued pursuant to Iowa Code chapter 321N. The department shall review each application to determine if the company is in compliance with the provisions in Iowa Code chapter 321N.
Department of Transportation
6310 S.E. Convenience Blvd
Ankeny IA, 50021(map)Customer Services Bureauomcs@iowadot.us
P: (515) 237-3268
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code 321N
- Who Applies
- A Transportation network company that operates in this state and uses a digital network to connect transportation network company riders to transportation network company drivers who provide prearranged rides.
- When To Apply
- Before operating in the state.
- Initial Requirements
- Return completed application form, supporting documents, and all fees to Iowa DOT.
- One year.
- Processing Time
- 1-5 business days depending on document verification
- Fee Structure
- Annual Permit: $5,000
- Renewal Requirements
- Must renew annually, requirements are the same as initial application.
- Does not pertain
- Additional Information