Teaching (limited) - Orientation and Mobility Authorization Print This Page
Limited to teaching orientation and mobility.
Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
701 E. Court Ave Suite A
Des Moines IA, 50309(map)Mike Cavinmike.firstname.lastname@example.org
P: (515) 281-3437
F: (515) 281-7669
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- Those who seek to teach orientation and mobility.
- When To Apply
- 4-6 weeks prior to the start of employment.
- Initial Requirements
- Bachelor's or master's degree, complete state-approved program in orientation and mobility. Complete three years probationary period before moving to the full orientation and mobility authorization.
- 3 years.
- Processing Time
- 4-6 weeks.
- Fee Structure
- $85 to apply
$75 background check for new applicants
$95 to renew
- Renewal Requirements
- 6 renewal credits and the mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse.
- Additional Information
- Not eligible for conditional licensure or to add teaching endorsements.