School Support - School Business Official Print This Page
Can perform, supervise, and be responsible for the overall financial operation of a local school district.
Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
701 E. Court Ave Suite A
Des Moines IA, 50309(map)David Wempendavid.firstname.lastname@example.org
P: (515) 281-3605
F: (515) 281-7669
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- School business officials who will perform, supervise, and be responsible for the overall financial operation of a local school district.
- When To Apply
- 4-6 weeks prior to the start of employment
- Initial Requirements
- Associate's degree in business or accounting or 60 semester hours of coursework in business or accounting of which 9 semester hours must be in accounting. Applicants who do not have 9 semester hours but have at least 6 should contact our office to inquire about a temporary initial school business official authorization.
Applicants must also complete additional coursework in school finance in order to move to the full school business official authorization.
- Initial School Business Official Authorization: 2 years
School Business Official Authorization - 3 years.
- Processing Time
- 4-6 weeks
- Fee Structure
- $85 to apply
$75 background check for new applicants
$95 to renew
- Renewal Requirements
- 4 renewal credits and the mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse.
- Additional Information