Consumable Hemp Retailer Registration Print This Page
Authorizes a person or business to operate as a retailer of consumable hemp products in Iowa. Consumable hemp products can be liquid or solid. Types of consumable hemp products include, but are not limited to: food, chew or snuff, oils and lotions, and hemp processed or otherwise manufactured, marketed, sold, or distributed as food, a food additive, a dietary supplement, or a drug. Consumable hemp products do NOT include those intended to be introduced into the human body by any method of inhalation. Hemp businesses are "registered," not "licensed."
Department of Inspections & Appeals
Lucas State Office Building, Third Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319-0083(map)Consumable Hemp Programhempemail@example.com
P: (515) 829-8899
F: (515) 281-3291
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code Chapter 204; Iowa Administrative Code 481, Chapter 32
- Who Applies
- Businesses wishing to sell consumable hemp products in Iowa.
- When To Apply
- Businesses must be registered by the Department of Inspections and Appeals (DIA) prior to selling consumable hemp products in Iowa.
- Initial Requirements
- All regulatory requirements must be met before a business can be registered.
- Registration is valid for one calendar year.
- Processing Time
- 30 days
- Fee Structure
- Registration application: $475
- Renewal Requirements
- Renewal applications and fees must be received at least 30 days prior to the registration expiration date.
- Additional Information
- Along with the registration form and payment, consumable hemp retailers must submit a complete list of all consumable hemp products they intend to sell, along with information about the consumable hemp product suppliers and manufacturers. All registrations must be completed online.