Iowa Sales Tax for Manufacturing Businesses
Terry O'Neill, Iowa Department of Revenue
Webinar Chat Q&A
Presented October 10, 2013 from 12 pm to 1 pm (central)
In this webinar, Terry O'Neill with the Iowa Department of Revenue
covers Iowa sales and use tax for businesses in the manufacturing industry. A facilitated Q&A follows the presentation.
Just some of the topics covered will include:
- Tangible personal property
- Exemptions for manufacturers
- Tax definitions for manufacturers- direct/primary, and processing
- Exempt and taxable machinery/equipment examples (replacement parts, pollution control equipment, recycling equipment, etc)
- Exempt gases, chemicals, solvents, reagents, fuel used in processing
- Overview of consumer’s use tax as it pertains to the manufacturing industry
Terry started with the Iowa Department of Revenue in 1987 as a summer intern working to find non-registered businesses. In the fall of 1987, he became a revenue agent, collecting past due taxes in the Davenport area. In 1990, he became a Taxpayer Service Specialist (TSS). As a TSS, he assists taxpayers by e-mail and phone on a wide variety of Iowa tax issues. In addition, Terry is a primary presenter for other educational outreach efforts of the Department, such as Webinars.
Rob Williams of IASourceLink and the University of Northern Iowa served as moderator.
Past Business Webinars
For many years, the Center for Business Growth and Innovation (CBGI) at the University of Northern Iowa has provided and recorded hundreds of business webinars available to small business owners to watch and learn from. Browse through some of our best recorded business presentations
, or register to attend our next webinar for free
! If you are interested in being a speaker, or would like to recommend someone to us, please contact us at 319-273-4344 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org