Iowa Business Tax Webinars
These free Iowa business tax webinars are presented in partnership with the Iowa Department of Revenue and the Center for Business Growth and Innovation at the University of Northern Iowa. Please see this page if you are planning to use these presentations for continuing education credits.
The 2018 Tax Webinar Line-up is here. Check the list below and register today! Each webinar requires registration. If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Webinars 2018
Water Service Excise Tax – Joe Fraioli and Marsha Peterson – June 6 - 1:00 p.m. (Watch Recorded Webinar)
Download the Presentation: WATER SERVICE EXCISE TAX - June 2018 Presentation Final
- In 2018, the Iowa legislature passed a new law, SF 512, effective July 1, 2018, which creates a Water Service Excise Tax (WET). Prior to the enactment of this law, the sale of water was subject to the 6% state sales tax. The WET exempts the sale of water service from state sales tax, but imposes a 6% excise tax on the sale of water service. This webinar will cover all of the basics of the tax, how to register for a WET permit, when to file returns and deposits, and common Q&A's.
Iowa Sales/Use Tax Basics Part 1 – Terry O'Neill – June 13 12:00 p.m. (Cancelled)
Due to the tax reform signed in May, the Sales/Use Tax webinars have been cancelled. You can learn more about the tax reform here: tax.iowa.gov/iowa-tax-reform
Iowa Sales/Use Tax Basics Part 2 – Terry O'Neill – July 11 12:00 p.m. (Cancelled)
Using eFile & Pay – Terry O'Neill – September 12 12:00 p.m. (Register)
- This online course will provide information for Business Tax Filers using the Iowa Department of Revenue online filing and payment service eFile & Pay. Topics covered will include: Keeping your sensitive data safe, How to property manage your eFile & Pay account, Self-service account access recovery, Creating sub-user accounts for employees and service providers, Assigning security levels, updating account information, Best practices for cyber hygiene. Time will be left at the end for any other general questions.
Iowa Tax Law Legislative Update & Iowa Capital Gain Deduction – Tim Reilly – October 10 12:00 p.m. (Register)
- This online course will provide information about tax law changes enacted during the 2018 legislative session. Time will be left at the end for any general questions.
Electronic Submission of W-2s & 1099s – Chet Eginiore – November 14 12:00 p.m. (Register)
- This online course will provide an overview of the requirements for the electronic submission of W-2s and 1099s to the Iowa Department of Revenue. Topics covered will include: Requirements for Tax Year 2018, Submitting Wage Statements and Information Returns, Information Resources. Time will be left at the end for any general questions.
Government & Non Profit Sales Tax Issues – Terry O'Neill – December 12 12:00 p.m. (Register)
- This online course will provide an overview of Iowa sales tax issues related to nonprofits and government entities. Time will be left at the end for any general questions.
Past Tax Webinars
Even More Free Tax Webinars ...
To participate, simply click on the presentation above that you are interested in, and click on the 'Register Here' link near the top of the webinar page. Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with access instructions and a reminder e-mail the day of the presentation. By signing up for any one of these webinars, you will also be notified of future UNI CBGI, IASourceLink, and Iowa Department of Revenue presentations unless you opt out.
If you are seeking continuing education credits for these online tax webinars, please see this note.