An electrologist removes excess hair by electric needle or electronic processes.
Department of Public Health
321 E 12th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319-0075(map)Bureau of Professional LicensurePLPublic@idph.iowa.gov
P: (515) 281-0254
F: (515) 281-3121
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- IC, Chapter 157; 645 IAC 60, 61, 63, 64, 65
- Who Applies
- Persons wishing to provide electrologist services in Iowa.
- When To Apply
- After completion of educational and examinition requirements and before practice.
- Initial Requirements
- Graduation from an electrology program and a passing score on a national examination.
- Two years.
- Processing Time
- 30 days after all required materials are on file. Online renewal in real time.
- Fee Structure
- Initial Licensure:
Paid directly to the testing center.
- Renewal Requirements
- National-Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology Electrology Examination. Paid directly to testing center.
- Additional Information
- Persons wishing to provide electrology services in Iowa.