Unattended Food Establishment License Print This Page
License to operate an establishment that provides packaged foods or whole fruit using an automated payment system and has controlled entry not accessible by the general public. “Controlled entry,” as it refers to an unattended food establishment, means selective restriction or limitation of access to a place or location.
Department of Inspections & Appeals
Lucas State Office Building, 3rd floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319-0083(map)Morgan Bearymorgan.email@example.com
P: (515) 281-6538
F: (515) 281-3291
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code Chapter 137F
- Who Applies
- An individual wishing to operate an unattended food establishment must obtain a license for each location.
- When To Apply
- Application must be received at least 30 days prior to the intended operating date and a license issued before the establishment begins operation.
- Initial Requirements
- All regulatory requirements must be met before a license is issued.
- License is valid for one year from the date issued.
- Processing Time
- 30 days.
- Fee Structure
- License: $75 - $150, based on annual gross food and beverage sales.
- Renewal Requirements
- Renewal applications and fees must be received prior to the expiration date.
- Does not apply.
- Additional Information
- Online applications and renewals are preferred, and are processed faster than paper applications. Renewals can be submitted up to 60 days prior to the license expiration date.