Third-Party Logistics Provider (3PL) Print This Page
Every 3PL (third-party logistics provider), wherever located, that provides or coordinates warehousing or other logistics services of a product into, out of, or within Iowa must be licensed by the Board before engaging in such logistics operations.
Department of Public Health
Iowa Board of Pharmacy
400 S.W. 8th Street, Suite E
Des Moines IA, 50309-4688(map)Cassie Leecassie.email@example.com
P: (515) 242-3272
F: (515) 281-6409
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- Any 3PL, wherever located, that provides or coordinates warehousing or other logistics services of a product into, out of, or within Iowa.
- When To Apply
- Prior to providing logistics services into, out of, or within Iowa.
- Initial Requirements
- Application for license as a 3PL with initial application fee. VAWD accreditation with the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy is required. Facility manager criminal history background check is also required. If the facility is located outside Iowa, licensure by the home state is required prior to Iowa licensure. If distributing controlled substances, a controlled substance registration is also required.
- Annual renewal April 1.
- Processing Time
- Four to six weeks. Criminal history background check may delay issuance of the license.
- Fee Structure
- Initial license
Annual renewal fee $750
Late payment penalty is an additional $750.
Reactivation fee is $2,000.
- Renewal Requirements
- Completed application and renewal fee prior to license expiration. If renewed following expiration but within 30 days of expiration, completed application, renewal fee, and late payment penalty fee. Renewal more than 30 days following expiration requires a reactivation application and fee.
- Not applicable.
- Additional Information
- Initial and renewal application processing and payment is available online. See the Board of Pharmacy's website, Online Services tab, for links and information regarding available online services.