Teaching (limited) - Career and Technical Authorization Print This Page
Holders of the career and technical authorization may provide instruction in areas such as construction, plumbing, electrical, welding, auto body/mechanics, agriculture, culinary arts, nursing, and more.
Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
701 E. Court Ave Suite A
Des Moines IA, 50309(map)David Wempendavid.firstname.lastname@example.org
P: (515) 281-3605
F: (515) 281-7669
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- Those seeking to teach career and technical areas who have the required experience
- When To Apply
- 4-6 weeks prior to the start of employment
- Initial Requirements
- Initial career and technical authorization: 6000 hours of experience or 4000 hours and a bachelor's degree. A position offer is required.
To move to the full career and technical authorization, specific pedagogy coursework is required.
- Initial career and technical authorization - three years - may be renewed once.
Full career and technical authorization - five years.
- Processing Time
- 4-6 weeks.
- Fee Structure
- $85 to apply
$75 background check for new applicants
$95 to renew
- Renewal Requirements
- 6 renewal credits and the mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse.
- Additional Information
- Not eligible for conditional licensure or to add teaching endorsements.