Teaching (limited) - Behind the Wheel Authorization Print This Page
Holders of the Behind the Wheel Authorization may provide driving instruction through approved driver's education programs (not classroom instruction).
Iowa Board of Educational Examiners
701 E. Court Ave Suite A
Des Moines IA, 50319(map)Greg Horstmanngreg.email@example.com
P: (515) 281-3587
F: (515) 281-7669
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- Anyone seeking to provide behind the wheel instruction through an approved driver's education program.
- When To Apply
- 4-6 weeks prior to the start of employment
- Initial Requirements
- Completion of an approved Behind the Wheel instructor course through the Iowa Department of transportation.
- 1 year
- Processing Time
- 4-6 weeks
- Fee Structure
- $40 to apply
$75 background check for new applicants
$50 to renew
- Renewal Requirements
- Instructor refresher course and the mandatory reporter trainings for child and dependent adult abuse.
- Additional Information
- Not eligible for conditional licensure or to add teaching endorsements.