A location, within or outside Iowa, where prescription drugs or devices are distributed at wholesale or are distributed/dispensed to a patient pursuant to a prescription drug order, that is not eligible for a wholesale distributor license or pharmacy license.
Department of Public Health
Iowa Board of Pharmacy
400 S.W. 8th Street, Suite E
Des Moines IA, 50309-4688(map)Cassie Leecassie.email@example.com
P: (515) 242-3272
F: (515) 281-6409
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Who Applies
- Any entity located within or outside Iowa where prescription drugs or devices are distributed at wholesale or are distributed/dispensed to a patient pursuant to a prescription drug order, that is not eligible for a wholesale distributor license or pharmacy license.
- When To Apply
- Prior to engaging in regulated activities within or into Iowa.
- Initial Requirements
- Application for license and initial license fee.
If distributing controlled substances within or into Iowa, controlled substances registration is also required.
- Annual renewal, expires December 31
- Processing Time
- One to two weeks, assuming all required information is received by the Board.
- Fee Structure
- Initial license $175
Renewal fee $175
Late renewal penalty $175; reactivation fee $500.
- Renewal Requirements
- Renewal application and $175 fee. If late renewed within 30 days of expiration, renewal application, fee, plus additional late payment penalty fee of $175. If not renewed within 30 days of expiration, reactivation application and fee of $500. Other information specifically identified in the application.
- Not applicable.
- Additional Information
- Applications for new limited distributor license and for renewal of an existing limited distributor license are available online. See the Board of Pharmacy's website for additional information and links to the appropriate applications.