Consumer Fireworks Retail Seller License Print This Page
Anyone selling consumer fireworks retail in the state of Iowa.
Department of Public Safety
Oran Pape Building
215 East 7th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319(map)Jeannie Guttenfeldersfmlicense@dps.state.ia.us
P: (515) 725-6178
F: (515) 725-6140
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code 100.19 and Administrative Rules Chapter 661-265
- Who Applies
- Anyone selling at retail consumer fireworks in the state of Iowa.
- When To Apply
- April 1
- Initial Requirements
- Completion of application online. Supply certificate of liability insurance with a minimum of $1 million per occurrence and aggregate coverage of at least $2 million. Supply interior and exterior site plans of retail site.
- 1 year
- Processing Time
- 2-4 weeks
- Fee Structure
- Permanent building 1st class 50% or more retail space = $1,000
Temporary structure 1st class 50% or more retail space = $500
Retailer less than 50% retail space = $400
Community group 1st class = $400
Retailer or community group 2nd class only = $100
- Renewal Requirements
- Annual. New site plans and updated COL with online application.
- Not applicable.
- Additional Information
- Apply online at https://iowa.imagetrendlicense.com/lms/public/portal#/login