Assisted Living Programs (ALPs)/ALPs for People with Dementia (Certificate) Print This Page
Certification to provide housing and personal and/or health-related services.
Department of Inspections & Appeals
Lucas State Office Building, Third Floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319-0083(map)Tamara Brockobtamara.email@example.com
P: (515) 281-5721
F: (515) 242-5022
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code Chapter 231C.3
- Who Applies
- Any person wishing to establish an assisted living program in the state of Iowa.
- When To Apply
- Application must be made and a certificate issued before operations begin.
- Initial Requirements
- Facilities must meet life safety codes. Please call the State Fire Marshal for a review at 515.725.6145.
- Initial certificate for up to six months, then every two years thereafter, unless accredited by a DIA-approved accrediting body.
- Processing Time
- 60 days.
- Fee Structure
- Initial certification: $750. Blueprint plan for initial review: $900. Two-year recertification: $1000. Optional preliminary plan review $500. Accredited program: $125.
- Renewal Requirements
- Accepted application for renewal, and fees.
- Does not apply.
- Additional Information