Annual Temporary Food Establishment License Print This Page
An Annual Temporary Food Establishment License is an annual license that is valid for more than one event in the county for which it was issued. A separate license application must be submitted for each county where a vendor will operate a Temporary Food Establishment in conjunction with an event. Persons who operate simultaneously at more than one event within a county are required to have a separate license for each food stand. Annual Temporary Food License applications that are not received, processed, and approved prior to operating will require a single event temporary food license until the annual license is approved and issued.
Department of Inspections & Appeals
Lucas State Office Building, 3rd floor
321 East 12th Street
Des Moines IA, 50319-0083(map)Morgan Bearymorgan.email@example.com
P: (515) 281-6538
F: (515) 281-3291
Visit Agency Page for More Information
- Code Citation
- Iowa Code Chapter 137F
- Who Applies
- A vendor who wishes to operate a Temporary Food Establishment at multiple events in one county may apply.
- When To Apply
- Applications must be received at least 30 days prior to the first event at which the vendor intends to operate.
- Initial Requirements
- All regulatory requirements must be met before a license is issued.
- License is good for one year from the date issued, per vendor, for a single county. Vendors who wish to sell products at temporary events located in multiple counties must obtain a license for each county. Also, vendors who operate simultaneously at more than one event within a county are required to have a separate license for each food stand.
- Processing Time
- 30 days.
- Fee Structure
- License: $200 for each vendor per county.
- Renewal Requirements
- Renewal applications and fees must be received prior to the expiration date.
- Does not apply.
- Additional Information
- Online applications and renewals are preferred, and are processed faster than paper applications. Renewals can be submitted up to 60 days prior to the license expiration date.