Iowa Licenses: Construction & Contractors

Iowa law requires all individual “Construction Contractors” and businesses performing “construction” work to be registered with the Iowa Division of Labor if they earn at least $2,000 a year from construction.  You can visit the contractor registration page on the Iowa Division of Labor website for more information on this requirement.  They are located at Division of Labor, Contractor Registration, 150 Des Moines Street, Des Moines, IA 50309 and can be contacted by phone at 515-242-5871 or by email at [email protected].

Use our licensing navigator below to find licensing that may be necessary for your business to operate in Iowa. If you have any questions, contact the ISL team through phone or text at 319-273-5444 or by email at [email protected].