NAWBO – the National Association of Women Business Owners - came to Iowa in 1986 under the leadership of a dozen committed women business owners. Through the years, the chapter has engaged hundreds of passionate and forward-looking women in collaboration to accelerate growth for the state’s women-owned firms.
To propel women entrepreneurs into economic, social, and political spheres of power, NAWBO offers members opportunities to:
- LEARN through outstanding educational programs designed for business owners and leaders
- GROW leadership and problem-solving skills, and be part of idea sharing and mentoring
- CONNECT to local, state, national and international women business owners
- ADVANCE with a powerful and united voice in public policy, locally and nationally
- SUCCEED thanks to opportunities to strengthen business-building capabilities.
NAWBO helps strengthen the wealth creating capacity of its members and promotes economic development within the entrepreneurial community by creating innovative and effective change in the business culture.
The organization is affiliated with and supports the National Association of Women Business Owners, (NAWBO.org), in Washington D.C. and is the only dues-based national organization representing the interests of all women entrepreneurs exclusively in all types of businesses.
Learn more about NAWBO Iowa at NAWBOIowa.org.