Skip To The Main Content

Need help? Call us!

Iowa Business Assistance − 866.537.6052
Iowa Business Licensing Help

  Need Help? Call Us!

General Business Questions?
Contact Business Concierge
Licensing Questions?
Contact Business License Information Center

  Send Your Feedback!

Can’t find what you’re looking for? Have a suggestion? Let Us Know!

Want to Contribute?

Send your content to and we'll review your submission and let you know if it makes the cut. Articles need to be original copy, cannot be a sales pitch for your business, and should be geared towards entrepreneurs and small business owners. Accepted articles will be posted under the Guest Blogger name, but the writer can have their name and business title in the byline. Here are some topics we'd like to see:

  • leadership
  • networking
  • time management
  • entrepreneur stories
  • personal coaching
  • social media
  • succession planning
  • tax help
  • marketing
  • human resources

IASourceLink Blog

Resource Provider Highlight: Iowa Secretary of State

Posted by IASourceLink Admin on Sep 06, 2017

seal_gold_1846The Iowa Secretary of State is Iowa’s business portal. Since most businesses, apart from sole proprietors, must register with Secretary of State Paul Pate’s office (SOS), visits to the SOS website for organizations new to the state are ensured. However, all businesses, regardless of legal structure and organizational stage, can find useful information at It is definitely worth visiting more than every two years when filing biennial reports!  Here are a few resources to check out:

  • Looking for small business assistance? Search the IASourceLink Research Navigator directly from the SOS website and get connected with financial and technical resource providers from all across Iowa!
  • Have a great idea for a business name and want to ensure it is available in Iowa?  Start with the Business Entities Search and easily identify business names already in place.
  • Every business that hires employees needs to ensure that those individuals are legally available to work in the United States. E-Verify is a fast, free and easy-to-use online tool that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee’s Form 1-9, to determine eligibility.
  • Do you need to ensure your business is in current compliance? Printing a Certificate of Good Standing (also called a Certificate of Existence) online is a quick and easy way to take a snapshot of your business’s compliance status.

And of course, stay connected and informed by following the Secretary of State online on Facebook and Twitter.   



Blog Archive