Employer Support of The Guard and Reservekylecoogler
The Iowa Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense program with over 110 volunteers statewide that promotes cooperation and understanding between Reserve Component Service members and their civilian employers and to assist in the resolution of conflicts arising from an employee’s military commitment. ESGR develops and promotes supportive work environments for service members through outreach, recognition, and educational opportunities that increase awareness of applicable laws. Local ESGR representatives stand by to assist public and private employers and military employees to be aware of certain rights and responsibilities under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA).
Iowa ESGR offers employer programs such as Bosslifts, Center of Influence, Employer Symposiums, Speakers Bureau, and Awards. These programs provide opportunities and insights into the duties performed by military employees in the Guard or Reserve. We offer trained Ombudsmen who are available to assist employers and members of the Guard and Reserve in resolving disputes related to military service in the uniformed Services through neutral and impartial mediation.
1. Gain and maintain support from employers for National Guard and Reserve service
2. Educate customers and stakeholders
3. Advocate within the Department of Defense for National Guard and Reserve employers
4. Continually refine the ESGR organization for relevancy, effectiveness, and efficiency
5. Enhance consistent general population brand awareness and visibility of ESGR nationwide
6. Enhance awareness and value of the Employment Initiative Program to both the employers and members of the Guard and Reserve
Our hope is that by creating a culture in which all American employers value the military service of their employees, we will limit any issues between employers and service members. We urge you to become familiar with resources and services that ESGR provides and to take advantage of this information and assistance.
Coady, Becky (Ext. 2757)
Craven, Stacy (Ext. 2742)
Geerdes, Heather (Ext. 4192)
Dustin Higginbotham, ESGR Volunteer