Iowa Sales Tax Issues Related to Agriculture
In this webinar, Terry O'Neill with the Iowa Department of Revenue
will cover Iowa sales tax considerations that individuals in the agriculture industry should consider.
Just some of the topics covered will include:
- What activities are considered "agricultural production"
- Review of common exempt and taxable items (property, machinery, equipment, feed, fertilizers, vehicles)
- The difference between "domesticated fowl" and "livestock" and the tax implications
- How to claim an exemption or refund
- Tax information on services related to agricultural production
Terry started with the Iowa Department of Revenue in 1987 as a summer intern working to find non-registered businesses. In the fall of 1987, he became a revenue agent, collecting past due taxes in the Davenport area. In 1990, he became a Taxpayer Service Specialist (TSS). As a TSS, he assists taxpayers by e-mail and phone on a wide variety of Iowa tax issues. In addition, Terry is a primary presenter for other educational outreach efforts of the Department, such as Webinars.
Rob Williams of IASourceLink and the University of Northern Iowa will serve as moderator.
Past Business Webinars
For many years, the Center for Business Growth and Innovation (CBGI) at the University of Northern Iowa has provided and recorded hundreds of business webinars available to small business owners to watch and learn from. Browse through some of our best recorded business presentations
, or register to attend our next webinar for free
! If you are interested in being a speaker, or would like to recommend someone to us, please contact us at 319-273-4344 or email at email@example.com