Having a presence online for your business is critical. If you have a technical background, creating a website by yourself might be an option. Website builders like Wix and Weebly are extremely user friendly and easy to use, but are tailored more for personal websites, rather than professional business websites.
Before You Start
Here are some things to think about before deciding to create a website for your business online:
- What’s the purpose of your website?
- Is the domain name that you want available?
- Where will you be hosting your website and what is the cost associated?
- How many pages do you plan on having?
- Who is going to write the content for your website?
- What other kinds of content do you want to have? (videos, documents, blog, shopping cart, etc.)
- Who is going to maintain your website?
- What do you want your website to look like? (have at least 3-4 examples or ideas in mind)
Not ready to tackle a website on your own? The Business Concierge
can provide you with a list of private companies in your area available to help you with website development and design.