By Patrick Luensmann, Center for Business Growth and Innovation
As the summer winds down the Iowa State Fair is kicking off. This year the fair runs from August 10th-20th. The best part of the fair is seeing what the wares the food entrepreneurs bring. A fan favorite is food on a stick. In the spirit of the fair this week lets review my top ten foods on a stick from past Iowa State fairs.
1. Turkey Leg Drumstick
2. Griddle Stick (Turkey sausage wrapped in a pancake)
3. Chocolate Covered Cookies & Cream on a Stick
4. Cheddar Bacon Cheese On a Stick
5. Hot Lips (Breaded chicken breast smothered with hot sauce, served with blue cheese dressing)
6. Loaded Taters On a Stick
7. Apple Pie On a Stick
8. Rib Shack Cowboy
9. Deep-Fried Brownie On a Stick
10. Double Bacon Corn Dog
The creations never cease to amaze me. If you’re at the fair this week be sure to get your fill of food on a stick!